Deutsche Gesellschaft für Auswärtige Politik (German Council for Foreign Relations)
The German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP) is Germany’s network for foreign policy. As an independent, non-partisan, and nonprofit membership organization, think tank, and publisher the DGAP has been promoting public debate on foreign policy in Germany for 60 years.
The DGAP’s goals are:
- to promote and contribute to foreign policy debate in Germany,
- to advise decision makers from politics, business, and civil society
- to inform the public on foreign policy issues
- to strengthen the German foreign policy community
- to advance Germany’s foreign affairs status in the world